Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Featured Reader of The Month: September

Oh, can you believe that it is already September?! Surely, time flies and we now have a new feautred reader--Jennifer.


I think it is quite obvious from the picture above why I chose her to be my featured reader-- she is dainty, she is creative and playful when it comes to style. She is a follower of many fashionbloggers and on her free time, checks out http://www.lookbook.nu/ or windowshops online.All of which, from what I believe inspires her to dress and carry herself the way she does.

To further prove this, I chose 3 of my favorite looks that she has put together.

Look #1:
First look is definitely a favorite because it showcases her creative and playful side. This is not a usual look for her but that just made me love it more because she went outside the box and was not at all fearful in trying out the newest and oddest trend going on now, socks with heels. I also love that she paired that trend with another trend, vintage. Her dress just gives the right touch of vintage because of its cut to the floral detail in it and she didn't stop there! She also matched this with a real vintage bag that was thrifted. <3

Look #2:
Ah...as you know, I am a sucker for animal prints lately and I just got to put this on my best look list. I think that it takes a lot of courage and you certainly have got to wear it right when wearing an all-over animal print dress. This dress is just great with the feminine touches--the ruffles, the flowy chiffon, the bow (she artistically placed in there when it's supposed to be in the back) and that halter cut. I am also loving that sleek pulled-back bun, which she pulls off effortlessly and some nude pumps to truly showcase the dress.

Look #3:
Perhaps this is my most favorite. Upon seeing this on her facebook page, I just knew I had to feature her. As per her caption, this was inspired by lookbook.nu and apparently my blog as well (great thanks!) but I certainly think she made this look her own. I love that she went with the color blocking, navy and orange, which is a great combination. I also love the neutral accessoies. What really made this look for me is the overall class and sophistication it exudes. The puff sleeve, the cinched waist and that A-line skirt gave her the perfect hour-glass shape and come on, even the sunnies went great with it. This would be a killer look on a job interview, it shows that you have confidence, it could also be worn on a fancy lunch out. I saw her try this top with the sleeves folded and it tames the look down as well specially if it's a little warmer out. For the colder weather, this would be great matched with textured tights, booties and a nice trench coat.

Thank you guys for reading! Oh and remember, if you have some great looks to share please please do, I would love give my two cents in it and I know that I can always pick up some styling ideas from all of you guys too!


No comments:

Post a Comment