Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Prints and Jean.

Hey guys! I have tons of new postings coming your way because I know it has been a while since I blogged regularly:( To start with, I have this look that I put together that is kind of not put together. Ha?! Well I think that this look is just so random. There's no obvious fluidity in it, there's no certain pattern, no textures are the same. I played a round a little bit with different textures and designs and palettes with this one. It is an abstract. I feel as though, in the end, the different elements came together to give me one great and interesting ensemble.


The key in pulling together a look with so many different elements is in making sure that colors and patterns don't fight agains in each other visually. Mixing a small patterned top with a more prominent pattern in the bottom is great (or vise versa) and the way to break that confusion is by adding something solid in between, hence I added a thicker color blocked belt (in silver). Even the colors mixed in this is not hurtful to the eye. I went for neutrals here, which usually acts as an accent to other colors but here it is playing as an accent to patterns instead. You'll also notice that since the majority of the outfit is with patterns and textures (chiffon top, silk skirt, leather belt, jean jacket) I kep it plain and used blocks of the neutrals in accessories.
Certainly something to try out!
Top: Joyce Leslie
Skirt: F21
Shoes: Steve Madden
Bag: Zara

No comments:

Post a Comment