Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Tribute to You, Inang.

On Monday, our family received the sad news that my grandmother, Inang Sioneng passed away. It is a news that was very difficult for me to accept because although I no longer want her to continue her difficult journey, deep inside I still wanted the chance to see her when I go home. I am however, happy that she is in a better place and I know that now, I no longer have to wait to see her to talk to her or say the things I want to say, I can say it and I know she will be listening and she will hear me loud and clear.

I have not been lucky enough to have taken a picture with her just like my siblings and my cousins who are with her back home, hence no profile pic change in FB or twitpic, etc for me. It makes me sad, but at the same time it made me think how can I pay tribute to her and share my message for her, express how much I love her and how important she is in my life. Well, this is the best that I can do. 
I do this blog for the love I have in clothes or arts or fashion, but this particular posting will be dedicated to you, Inang and now you can see this, see what I do and what I love and hopefully you'll like it too! I hope you give me a huge smile from heaven:D

I mentioned this on the workdiary FB account that I was very excited to get my Asos orders and was going to do a post on it and here it is! As promised! Top, Shoes and Clutch all ordered from Asos.


As you know I am not a big fan of online shopping but I was determined to look for a clutch that's big enough to fit all my stuff and is affordable as well and my sister suggested the site and what do you know?! I found what I was looking for and more!
Our lil secret, but these fancy looking clutch is a laptop sleeve! I love that it's double purpose and because it's a laptop sleeve it was huge enough to carry all my everyday things, two pouches, 2 coin purses, wallet 2 cellphones and my bag flippies! Amazing!

My lovely top is delicate chiffon, loose and asymmetrical that I immediately fell in love with because of the basic color and the simple details meaning that I can wear this so many different ways and would go with so many things. For this day I matched it with a cropped black pants and another asos find, my favorite item, the black satin platforms! I don't usually go for a matchy matchy look but I thought the red lips and the blue clutch already gave the look enough pop of color.
Note regarding these shoes, 6 inches with about 2 or 3 inches platforms and it is comfy enough to wear for the whole day!


I hope you She enjoyed reading this and hope you guys did too!


In loving memory of my lola,
 Consoclacion Flores Halili
(1924-2011)
(Daddy and Inang Sioneng)

No comments:

Post a Comment