Thursday, July 21, 2011

Com-pleated.

Hey Guys! Blogging now has been so difficult as my Main Man, brother is also busy with his own business and taking pictures and editing them are taking longer than usual, so please do forgive me for the delay in positing.

This entry is showcasing my love for pleats and my love for thrift store shopping. This weekend, I decided to go to the thrift store to satisfy my craving for shopping and my craving for another shopping and styling challenge. I have to say that I didn't do as good as usual probably because I came in 2hours before closing and all good sales and items are almost gone.
Note: I will be doing an entry on all my thrift finds and the rest of my shopping expeditions this past weekend!


I got lucky with this skirt, however. I was on my way out when I saw one of the sales person putting this skirt back on the rack. It caught my eye right away and I grabbed like a crazy person thinking someone else will take it (haha). There are some really good modern pleated skirts at American Apparel that I have been dying to buy but it will cost me $$$ so I have been contemplating whether to get it or not but since I found this gem, I think I will be holding off on that expense. Yey!

I just love the sophisticated look of this skirt. If you actually get to feel this skirt, its smooth and silky and for $5, you just cannot go wrong with it. I have several outfit ideas for this already and you will most likely see it in future postings but for this particular hot summer day at work I opted to wear it simply with a black round-neck tee added my fave thin brown belt and sandals. If I was not going to work however, I would've probably paired this with a colored tank, add some more accessories and make this old vintage skirt into something totally up-to-date.

I am already looking forward to my next post so that I can go thru some of my recent finds! Til next time!
Top: Forever 21 Tee ($5)
Shoes: Shoedazzle ($40)
Skirt: Thrifted ($5)
Look's Total Cost: $50

2 comments:

  1. Only $5?? That's too pretty! Galing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yes Lau! That's already expensive actually. I usually get stuff there for like $2, my orange blazer for example! I'll take you there next time you visit!

    ReplyDelete